Need to replace head light lens.housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

semperfi

Reaction score
Good afternoon guys, I'm new to the forum & need some advise on the removal of the grill from my '96 K1500 ext cab Z71. I have ordered some inexspensive lens housing off ebay & I assume will need to remove the grill to get to the mounts for the lens assembly. Can anyone direct me to a site that shows the removal procedure & tips. I think there's about 7 screws to remove but not sure where all of them are & if you need to take the parking lights off to get access. Any help is appreciated.

Richard V

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
SO..........Your good now?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok here's a tip, if you are just replacing the lens, and if the mount is ok, then all you have to do is pull the 2 5mm pins that hold the headlight to the mount, pull the old light out, unplug high and low beam, grab your new headlight and assuming that you already have bulb's in it, plug in the high and low beam connector's and then put the headlight back in it's opening and put the pins back in and tighten them down and your done. In fact anytime that I buy aftermarket clear headlight's I reuse the original core support headlight mount because the OEM mount is made from thicker plastic and the headlight's don't shake going down the highway like some of the aftermarket ones do.