Need Sub Enclosure Advice...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mind taking some measurements and pics of the box? I have enough MDF lying around to build my own. Also, where does this mount? Can you get a pic of the box in place too?

Thanks
Mario

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mind taking some measurements and pics of the box? I have enough MDF lying around to build my own. Also, where does this mount? Can you get a pic of the box in place too?

Thanks
Mario
Yes, I'll get these things for you when I get ready to install :waytogo:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think you are going to cram a JL w3 in that box... the mounting depth on that driver is quite deep. Take a tape measure to the box to check your depth before buying a driver if you haven't already.

The deepest I could go was under 5" on my Thunderform, I ended up with an Alpine Type E 10" and it barely fit.

According to the measurements given in the eBay ad I should be fine but I will double check just to be sure :waytogo: Thanks for the heads up.

ScottyP2448

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is the setup I run underneath the Back seat of my 97 K1500... 2 Pioneer Champion Series 12s (1400 Watt Max, 4 Ohm) and a Pioneer GM-D9601 Amp (2400 Watt Max, 1 Ohm Stable) with a Box From Half Price Audio on Ebay. The systems sounds amazing! The tunes come from a Pionner DEH-X7500HD. I had to make a few stops to mount on the corner of the box to pick the sub lips up off the ground because they were so big, It sounds amazing!!! I highly recommend these subs and amp set up. I spent $500 on the whole set up.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just to update this thread I finally go this installed today when I did my carpet. Here's how it fits