Need some sas advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just wanna put in my 2 cents on dana 44's I had a set in my 76 stepside which had a 12" super lift and I used a set of dana 44's so i could have rear wheel steering,this truck was driven daily for 5 yrs with no issues the gears were 3.73's and i ran 44" gumbo mudders and the only part that would wear prematurely was the rear ujoints due to the angle they were at. other than that the danas were tough and never gave me any problems and this truck was used off road every weekend mud bogging,sand driving hills ect.

GreaseDog

Pickup Artist
Reaction score
i just wanna put in my 2 cents on dana 44's I had a set in my 76 stepside which had a 12" super lift and I used a set of dana 44's so i could have rear wheel steering,this truck was driven daily for 5 yrs with no issues the gears were 3.73's and i ran 44" gumbo mudders and the only part that would wear prematurely was the rear ujoints due to the angle they were at. other than that the danas were tough and never gave me any problems and this truck was used off road every weekend mud bogging,sand driving hills ect.

there are VERY FEW guys who truly beat on 44s with 35s, and an even smaller, nearly non existant few who can make them live with 44s.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
the reason why no one builds the same truck twice is because when you SAS your truck you can customize it to your needs. ive turned to offroadunlimited.com and offroaddirect.com for parts. those two have been doing SAS kits for a long time and only for chevys so you cant really go wrong. so once you get the axle you want you will need springs and a SAS kit from ORU or ORD like i mentioned earlier

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Be real different and link it. A 3 link with panhard is not all that hard to set up if you have the tools and a little know how.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like a coil spring front iv thought about it couldn't be that hard. Iv been building 4 links for bagged trucks for years what kinda springs would u run like some 80s ford lift springs? Only thing I could see is trying to figure out spring for the right lift.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Coilovers, you could do coil springs but why go through all the work and not just do coilovers?

GreaseDog

Pickup Artist
Reaction score
i've got an idea to adapt a readily available and inexpensive long arm kit, but i'm having trouble figuring out how to replace unit bearings with tapered roller bearings, while converting to 6 on 5.5 or 8 on 6.5... coil overs were my first thought for springs.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
i've got an idea to adapt a readily available and inexpensive long arm kit, but i'm having trouble figuring out how to replace unit bearings with tapered roller bearings, while converting to 6 on 5.5 or 8 on 6.5... coil overs were my first thought for springs.

Dodge or ford?