Need some sas advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Idk if you saw it over on fsc but norcal4x4 has a buildthread where he used a dodge axle and if you get the proper years you can swap chevy stuff on and have the 6 lug bolt pattern.

GreaseDog

Pickup Artist
Reaction score
but he's still using unit bearings... i want to eliminate them. i have had ONE tapered roller bearing fail... to 7 unit bearings.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
O I figured you just wanted to swap bolt patterns, didn't know the bearings were that big of a deal.

GreaseDog

Pickup Artist
Reaction score
you've owned 3 IFS trucks (or more) and you didn't know the front wheel bearings are junk? :lol:

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
The tapered rollers in my rover have gone bad 4 times and I have had one bearing go bad on ifs, it was only because I hit a curb at 45 miles an hour straight on with that wheel.
And I got rid of the ifs on my ccsb 2 months after I got it so I didn't have any real experience with that ifs.

Reaction score
yeah i purchased a off road design kit a couple months ago, its very well built. the install off the actual kit is very strightforward. i dont have probably but 2 hrs drilling/ininstalling the ord parts. spent waaay more time getting rid ofthe ifs brackets and bs.