Need ride height for stock front end on 96 5.7 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
Like the title says I need the measurement from the ground,pavement, or concrete, no dirt of gravel please, to the bottom of the lower front crossmember , I'm wearing the stock 245.75.16 tires. I'm pretty sure I've got my torsion bars cranked up too high after the transmission install.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
If you are concerned about being cranked up too far, post up your angles and we can tell you if you are.

And I believe that 96-1500 on here has a stock 2500 eclb.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you think its to high then turn them down. if its to low crank them up put it were you want it and were it rides good.

trucks sag so to find one the same height as stock would be hard.

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
Well I have turned em down, to the point I'm almost out of adjustment on the screw and it just doesn't seem to get much lower.. its 8 lug, a 6 lug 3/4 ton is in imposter..lol I'll post up some angles here in a bit.

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
ok didn't get any angles . had to head back to richmond before the rain, but today I adjusted it to where the lower rear control arm pivot bolt is just at 14 inches off the concrete. passenger side torsion bar is was weaker than the drivers which is odd..lol Also picked up some tires to replace these noisey ass mud tires.. 4 kelly safari ATR's for 600 and the guy is gonna let me mount em for free at his show next week.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score

look about right?