Need new console lock!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireball5657

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all, I’m about to replace all of my door locks on my 1994 GMC Sierra, but I would like to get a new console lock too. I took the console latch apart and the lock cylinder looks different from the door lock, so where can I find a new console lock?
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Here are some pictures of the lock, it looks different from the door locks, so where can I find a new one? Thanks for any help!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're in the city, I'd take it to a locksmith and have it rebuilt. I think last time I took a whole set of locks to Mayfair Lock and Key and it cost me under $25. Of course that was twenty years ago, so your cost may vary.

Fireball5657

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're in the city, I'd take it to a locksmith and have it rebuilt. I think last time I took a whole set of locks to Mayfair Lock and Key and it cost me under $25. Of course that was twenty years ago, so your cost may vary.
The door locks are full on broken, those are going to have to be replaced, and I’d hate to have four different keys to one truck, is there any way a locksmith could “rekey“ the console lock to fit my new key?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, they can rekey it. I took them a mismatched set of locks out of three different RX-7s - Mayfair's the only shop in town that dealt in metric locks at the time, and they rekeyed them all the same. I still have those locks and keys sitting on my parts shelf. A new set would have run me $200.

Fireball5657

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, they can rekey it. I took them a mismatched set of locks out of three different RX-7s - Mayfair's the only shop in town that dealt in metric locks at the time, and they rekeyed them all the same. I still have those locks and keys sitting on my parts shelf. A new set would have run me $200.
Huh, I had no idea that was possible! Thanks for the help!

Zerio29

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can even buy kits and do it yourself fairly easily. it just comes down to taking the old tumblers out and replacing them with different ones and you'll get it just with trial and error. If you have a key that fits into the lock, you can buy a wafer rekey kit for $20-30 and stick the key into the cylinder. Then just replace the tumblers that don't sit flush with the cylinders with higher or lower ones until they all sit flush. The lock and tumbler sets we buy for our shop all come with a set of tumblers so you can match them to your own ignition key.