NEED HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan1raysouth

Reaction score
I’m having a electrical issue.
When I pull my truck out of park my hatch unlocks
When I turn the dome overide switch on for my lights. The gauge lights up my both turn signals and highbeam lights are on and solid.
When I’m driving I see the temperature on my rear view mirror turning off and on . usually when i let off throttle it’ll come back on And sometimes it says ice but there’s no ice where I’m at.
when I press the window button to let it down sometimes it unlocks the hatch.
I’ve had my alternator test and my battery is is good I’m getting 14 volts to battery tested it with a volt meter. My battery is good for 850 cca. Anyone knows what’s going on or had this problem. 98 gmc yukon

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
when there are so many weird and absolutely unrelated items doing things they shouldn't be, its almost always a bad ground or grounds being the culprit. everything is connected to ground and this is what ties them together.

all the interior cab stuff could literally be getting its only source of ground through the transmission shifter cable. and that's guna screw shìt up.

there are 3 main grounds and a few more very important ones. so negative post battery to fender beside it. then firewall under heater core to the frame below. from this same spot up through a heat shield to the top of the passenger side back of engine block. it's hard to see back here. inside the cab near the obd2 connector is another ground that basically grounds everything on the inside ofthe cab. theres one for the fuel pump and another that should be connected to the top fill tube portion that will discharge static electricity.

check these, tug on them, clean them up to bare metal and or replace them if necessary.

both of my truck have 4 gauge insulated ground wires that have replaced the shìtty braided ground straps.

good luck!

Last edited:

Dan1raysouth

Reaction score
Thanks!! That was definitely the problem It was the Ground towards the back of the engine block. I have more questions if you wouldn’t mind helping me. I have a p0304 code. I have new injectors new wires and plugs, new cap and rotor. I pulled the plug and it was a bit oily. I bought a compression tool I was gonna check for compression but it’s weird because the truck starts up drives fine except for the misfire so would a compression test matter?

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I'm so glad you got that fixed! CHEERS!

well a misfire on cylinder 4 could be caused by a few things, could be spark, it could be lack of fuel. Make absolutely certain that your wires are not crossed and the firing order is correct.

I have not done a compression test on an engine in years. oil on the spark plugs could be a very good indication that oil is making it's way up and into the cylinder which would also mean that it probably doesn't have good compression on that cylinder.

I'm not an expert by any means with this as I have no experience with bad compression.

lots of people do on here and someone should be able to get you some good advice!

take care!