Need help with barn doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srebrenikk

Reaction score
So I’ve been trying to diagnose my barn door electric locks on my 97 Tahoe not working and I found this plug and cannot figure out where it goes to? Was there some type of module or some sort? Anything helps, thanks.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 9624873A-29A7-4E24-AA09-13C41D692AF8.jpeg
    9624873A-29A7-4E24-AA09-13C41D692AF8.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 5
  • A9713376-5DAC-4B89-9BC3-4E8AD5CCEA4F.jpeg
    A9713376-5DAC-4B89-9BC3-4E8AD5CCEA4F.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 4

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's likely for options (available on other SUVs) that your truck doesnt have. Considering you have barn doors, I suspect it's for the electric latch release and rear wiper on a hatch/tailgate combo like I have on my Yukon Denali.
There is a power lock switch on the pass side of my barn door Suburban I sold in January. It's in the plastic D piller. Since yours is removed I cant confirm your truck has one...

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be to the pillar lock switch. See if orange is hot with ignition off. If so, pull fuse 13 (cigarette lighter) and see if it goes out.

If cargo doors aren’t unlocking, it could be an issue with those post contactors. Disconnect and check for voltage when trying the power locks. Maybe try cleaning them as well.

srebrenikk

Reaction score
Could be to the pillar lock switch. See if orange is hot with ignition off. If so, pull fuse 13 (cigarette lighter) and see if it goes out.

If cargo doors aren’t unlocking, it could be an issue with those post contactors. Disconnect and check for voltage when trying the power locks. Maybe try cleaning them as well.

I’m gonna have to pull those plastics off again but I do recall the pin for the orange wire being hot at all times

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Make sure and clean any corrosion off the door and jamb side connections (the 5 nubs coming out of the jamb, and the flat on the door where they contact). I have to do mine at least once a year with our humidity.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Make sure and clean any corrosion off the door and jamb side connections (the 5 nubs coming out of the jamb, and the flat on the door where they contact). I have to do mine at least once a year with our humidity.
I second this. Unless the wiring was tampered with or cut at some point... Corrosion of the contacts/pads were usually the problem for me.