Need help lift spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P-rez

Reaction score
How's it going fellas... This might be a noob question but I wanted your input on this matter.

I just purchased a set of 3 inch lift spacers that mount on to the top of the struts. Now my question is
Would I need to get my brake lines extended if I already have a 4 inch spindle lift up front? I ask because my brake lines are pretty much already stretched out and I wouldn't want to go through the the hassle of throwing the spacers on and then realize I have to replace the brake lines too...any help is appreciated... thanks

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Spindles don't affect brake lines. The 3" spacer does however. My 2" lift coils left plenty of slack in the lines.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Spindles don't affect brake lines. The 3" spacer does however. My 2" lift coils left plenty of slack in the lines.

Spindles do affect brake lines, mine were stretched right out with a 4" spindle.

You will need new lines.

I honestly would just get a 3" body, Alot easier on stuff.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm guess when you guys are talking about spindles is a spindle lift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P-rez

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input. .. and yes by spindles I meant a spindle lift

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm assuming they are just the opposite of drop spindles which don't affect the brake lines. What makes the lift spindles affect the brake link

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I'm assuming they are just the opposite of drop spindles which don't affect the brake lines. What makes the lift spindles affect the brake link

I didn't think it did... I bet I was thinking about shocks...

3rd Coast Z

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drop spindles and coils move everything closer to the frame so there is no need to modify brake hoses. But lifting the truck via suspension moves everything away from the frame. I unbolted the bracket that holds the line to the frame to get some extra length before I upgraded to extended braided hoses. My front suspension consists of 4" spindle and 2.5" coil spacer.