Need help finding a new radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_RYK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the leak on mine the other day. It was the in line from the transmission was loose on the left side of the rad if you are facing the truck i tightened it up and no more leak!!

JurgenS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put in a 34" from a 2006 Silverado (needs some adaption of the rad support). It has the plastics sides but I don't see any issue with that. My previous rad was the stocker from '89 and that one still didn't had any cracks...

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I wouldn't suggest a Griffin unit. We no longer use Griffin radiators in the shop because we've been having manufacturer defects.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The plastic rads are bullshiz. But they're the only affordable thing seemingly.

I've been through two in two years. (Bad thermostat, cold weather, broken bones)

They work fine until they're overheated even a couple times. I mean.. Like more than 115. The red hot on the truck is 125. Celsius of course.

Not that a truck should get that hot when its running really well anyway ;)

E-fans make the plastic rads last forever.

89-Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buddy of mine's Yukon has a brass one in it. No clue where it came from, was in it when he bought it.

I compared the copper/brass one from my 69 Chevelle to the aluminum one in my 89 stepside, and aside from the filler neck being shorter, it's a direct swap. This was for the big block SS-396 three core radiator.