Need help buying a bare frame to build up!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kmm2736

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this question. I have been searching for a bare frame to build a truck with my 2 1/2 ton Rockwells and I found one a 95 k2500 frame and it is in mint condition it can be seen here:

http://maine.craigslist.org/pts/2900157840.html

My concern is it has no rear cross member and he is asking 800 for it and he says a new one is only 40 or 60 buck!?

I remember a new rear cross member assembly from the dealer being almost 500 dollars and it was like 3 pieces? What would be a good offer on this frame and I need info to show this guy he is crazy at that price.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the trans crossmember is around 50 from a junkyard the spare tire holder is not needed you can make a member for the rear where it goes, i asked a buddy of mine that runs a yard i deal with and they get around 600 bucks for all that is shown in that ad

kmm2736

Reaction score
I ended up getting a 86 k-5 blazer with a solid frame. IM going to use it to build up on the rockwells in stead of tring to peice together a whole truck.

kmm2736

Reaction score
Thanks, I started a build thread. Allot of work to go. Im tring to figure the best way to pull the cab off frame and have it set up good so I can work on the cab after I roll the frame out as well. I will put pics up soon on build trhread.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
the trans crossmember is around 50 from a junkyard the spare tire holder is not needed you can make a member for the rear where it goes, i asked a buddy of mine that runs a yard i deal with and they get around 600 bucks for all that is shown in that ad

Word. I removed my tire carrier cross-member and had one made up, it ran me under $50 and it's thicker and stronger than the original cross-member.