Need advise 93 GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok guys my truck is a 1993 half ton it has five lugs axles so my question is will six lug axles work on my truck I want to put on from a newer truck?

Right now I have 15X10 wheels and if I load my truck with example fence pickets my tires will hit my fenders.
Thanks! GMC

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn’t explain right sorry guys but I don’t want to carry heavy stuff I want to just use six lug axles from a newer truck on my half ton five lug truck and I don’t like wheel adapters???

That’s why I want to try six lug axles from a newer truck I hope I explained correct now. :confused::(

RI Chevy guy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn’t explain right sorry guys but I don’t want to carry heavy stuff I want to just use six lug axles from a newer truck on my half ton five lug truck and I don’t like wheel adapters???

That’s why I want to try six lug axles from a newer truck I hope I explained correct now. :confused::(

You'll need to know if your axle shafts are 28 or 30 spline and make note of the length, you can then order after market shafts for the back (if 2wd) and 3/4 ton 2wd rotors for the front (same rotor, 6 lugs)

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All 88-up gonna be 30 spline. They fronts can be swapped out, wanna say ball joints out, but not 100% sure. The rear will require the 6 lug 2500 axle, they are narrower than stock 5 lug or 4wd 6 lug. I'm not sure if 6 lug 4wd shafts will work in a 2wd housing.

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
I would assume you could slap a light duty c2500 axle under there, or a 4x4 1500 axle, but I’m not too sure

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably easier to just use wheel adapters I wonder who makes ones that I can trust I never really load much on my truck I’m just afraid of them breaking apart. ?