Need a reference for electrical routing under driver side dash.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I just recently bought my first 1997 chevy and one thing I noticed off the bat was the driver door sensor was missing. After replacing it I soon found out why the previous owner didnt bother replacing it himself as the sensor would not open the circuit so the lights inside the cab would not go off. Upon further troubleshooting, I traced these two wires (black and brown) down under the dash, they have been completely cut with no obvious evidence on where they belong. I just need to know where they're suppose to connect? If yall notice anything else in the picture that seems wrong let me know because I'm really sceptical on a lot of the wiring this guy did down here.
You must be registered for see images attach

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you follow them back to see where they go and that might help us figure this out better.

Reaction score
Can you follow them back to see where they go and that might help us figure this out better.
They lead directly back up to the door sensor switch. I'd show you but I cant get my phone up in there but I can see it clearly.

Update: disregard, upon further investigation those 2 wires might not be the same black and brown wires for the switch, I just found the other end of the brown wire which has also been cut.....its just a loose wire I guess..

Last edited: