Need a little help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
starter/solenoid does it make any noise? or just a 'click'? or what?

another idea would be to look at the OTHER end of the battery cable- it might have snagged something or corroded

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
There is no noise it doesnt do anything but dim the lights when I turn the key. It doesnt turn over at all and all electronics work?

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
if starter isnt clicking take a hammer and hit it....last time my starter went out thats what i did to get it to work. buts still seems like battery is weak.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I switched batteries with my parents suburban and the suburban continues to run perfect but mine does the exact same thing. I will have to try the starter. Would my starter be bad if it wasnt having any trouble at all cranking over and starting before?

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
I switched batteries with my parents suburban and the suburban continues to run perfect but mine does the exact same thing. I will have to try the starter. Would my starter be bad if it wasnt having any trouble at all cranking over and starting before?

hard to say mine quit out of the blue. and had to hit it with a hammer till i replaced it

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score

they can fry all of a sudden just like any electronic :shrug:

I'd give it a few wacks, if that does nothing, check it with a volt meter to make sure it's getting power and if still nothing, change starters

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Ok well I am pretty sure its on warranty at Autozone so I think I will just take it off and have them test it for me in the morning

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
wouldnt hurt to check the starter wires. loosen them wiggle them then tighten. they maybe loose to begin with. just a thought

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I will check it all out in the morning hopefully its not completely done haha thanks for the advice!

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
So I thought I fixed the problem yesterday by changing the starter ( warranty) and cleaning the terminals all up because it ran fine all day then it sat from eleven pm to 7 30 and I go to start and nothing.... Im right back where I was. Do you think it could be the alternator? This is just really driving me crazy.