NBS suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
So ive decided, im holding off the 6 inch lift since i got my hands on some 285 BFGs all terrains. i also bought keys for the truck a few months ago. so i want to put a 2 inch block in the back to help level it out nicer, because the front may end up sitting higher then the back... i just want to know if i have to buy shock as well? or could i get away with just stock shock in the back for now?

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
newer body styles have a block from factory either go a bigger block or a add a leaf its a factory 2 inch block

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A good friend of mine has 285 BFG all terrains on his 05 GMC. He too had bought a leveling kit but took it back after being able to crank the stock keys enough to level the truck and clear the tires. No need for longer shocks either.
But like LoudnLifted said the NBS have a stock 2" block in the rear from factory so you would need a 3-4" block to lift it.

TwoPedal98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had an 04 2500hd, all I had to do was crank the front a little and just trim about 1" off the corner of the plastic valance under the bumper to fit 285 Goodyear mtr's

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
its not really for the clearance issue, id like to lift the truck a little. And i think having the keys helps with front end wear on the parts from what i understand with these trucks, compared to the obs, the keys do NOTHING.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Not trying to be a know it all here but if you think about it you can see that lift Keys cannot be better on the front end parts period, no matter what year or vehicle they are on...
The only difference is that it will not be as hard on some vehicles vs other vehicles.

This is because of the way they work. They only increase the amount of torque that can be applied to the torsion bar. This then drops the LCAs farther than they were ever designed to go from the factory, which then drops the UCAs. With both of these being dropped and the rest of the front end being in the stock location it increases both pressure and crazy angles onto the other front end parts, including the cv joints, ball joints, etc.