Mystery Wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theoutlaw

Reaction score
Ok guys I have these Mystery Wires under my hood on the driverside near the master cylinder. They are the blue and red ones all bundled up in the pics. Anybody know what they are for?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks like the red one has a fuse holder in it, and can you tell where they go to on the other end? My best guess is something previous owner had and is now gone, horn, lights something.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Previous owner had an amp hooked up probably

theoutlaw

Reaction score
No amp. Previous owner was a really old guy who bought it new. It still had the factory radio in it when I bought it including the factory cassette with equalizer. I tried to follow them back but lost them back by the gas tank. They run along the frame. I'm thinking its something to do with the tow package. I was originally thinking trailer brakes but theres no holes under the dash where it would've been mounted and the brake wiring is untouched.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Back plow blade? Acc back up lights?

theoutlaw

Reaction score
Trucks from Aberdeen Washington so definatly not a plow. I also don't know where they'd hook up to at this end. The battery is on the passenger side. Also they go down into the factory harness that runs down the frame rail.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
probably fuse box or they had a horn or something up front or lights and hooked to them.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Brake controller wires, maybe. My 99 has wires under the hood that run to the rear of the truck for controlling trailer brakes. The bundle isn't that obvious under the hood, Though.