Another mystery wire.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh and BTW, I'm gonna say "no" to ABS equipped. Not even RWAL.

You must be registered for see images attach

I've rebuilt the rear end on this POS already and there were no signs of ABS. No reluctor rings, no ABS sensors, nothing. Just two axles and some very poorly designed drum brakes.

So, there won't be anything to connect that connector to. Thanks for the replies :)

Moving forward, I'd be out there now if I had the parts I needed...

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For all your " better than thou " remarks, you're still lucky there were some willing to help you out. We can't see what your doing, we can't see what year model your working on.
More than half do diagnostic testing, often incorrectly. You did say you looked through the service manual and found no help. Yet I did find it in about 5 minutes.
So if your questioned about something it's probably for more information to get the answer you need, not to belittle your ability.
And if your not happy with that, the dealer will probably make time for you and your truck.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See that box, that's RWAL. Hey smarty pants where does the module get it's signals. It's the reason you didn't find any ABS parts in the rear axle. Figured it out yet?
Don't bother coming back. :3811797817_8d685371

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So some where back there is the other half of the connector. As you said , just the engine all other wiring left in place. So the hunt continues.

Indeed.

See that box, that's RWAL. Hey smarty pants where does the module get it's signals. It's the reason you didn't find any ABS parts in the rear axle. Figured it out yet?
Don't bother coming back. :3811797817_8d685371

Wouldn't it have been easier to just explain that? Yes, I got it now. Thanks for the help

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok. What would you have done?
You posted a scematic it goes into 4wd harness , goto guy posted one where it goes to abs, I don't know where either one came from or what years, all encompassing multi-year books can be misleading. There is a sensor on the top side of the transfer case you can't even see that sends power to front actuator when the shifter is engaged in 4wd.. Make sure that is connected.

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For all your " better than thou " remarks, you're still lucky there were some willing to help you out. .
Not a big secret many have stopped contributing to his stupdity. He's getting close to no responses.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You posted a scematic it goes into 4wd harness , goto guy posted one where it goes to abs, I don't know where either one came from or what years, all encompassing multi-year books can be misleading. There is a sensor on the top side of the transfer case you can't even see that sends power to front actuator when the shifter is engaged in 4wd.. Make sure that is connected.

Alright cool. I'll check it out in a min.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not a big secret many have stopped contributing to his stupdity. He's getting close to no responses.

If you're referring to the aluminum head thread - yeah that one is my bad. Otherwise, I'd like some clarification on that accusation. I don't appreciate being called stupid.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and BTW, I'm gonna say "no" to ABS equipped. Not even RWAL.

You must be registered for see images attach

I've rebuilt the rear end on this POS already and there were no signs of ABS. No reluctor rings, no ABS sensors, nothing. Just two axles and some very poorly designed drum brakes.

So, there won't be anything to connect that connector to. Thanks for the replies :)

Moving forward, I'd be out there now if I had the parts I needed...
Black box is the RWAL.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're referring to the aluminum head thread - yeah that one is my bad. Otherwise, I'd like some clarification on that accusation. I don't appreciate being called stupid.
How ,many times did I tell you changing pistons from one set of rods to another was not something every machine shop would undertake? Do I need to remind everyone you took it upon yourself to break not one, but two pistons trying to diy it? A man that thinks he knows it all, can learn nothing. I know a fair amount, but don't know it all, and accept corrections with some humility.