Another mystery wire.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How ,amy times did I tell you changing pistons from one set of rods to another was not something every machine shop would undertake? Do I need to remind everone you took it upon yourself to break not one, but two pistons trying to diy it? A man that thinks he knows it all, can learn nothing. Iknow a fair amount, but don't know it all, and accept corrections with some humility.

Yeah, that did happen. It wasn't stupidity. It's because I HAD to try it myself. I can live with trying and failing, but not trying at all would have bothered me.

So LOL yeah I learned something for sure.

Why let it bother you?

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude it didn't bother me , it was your money you were spending while complaining about a tight budget.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For cyrin' out loud, even your wife told you the rings didn't look right and still you charged forward. I pray for that woman.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, that did happen. It wasn't stupidity. It's because I HAD to try it myself. I can live with trying and failing, but not trying at all would have bothered me.

So LOL yeah I learned something for sure.

Why let it bother you?
I've already told you to verify the springs that came on the new Heads to ensure they are adequate pressure and spring rate for the new cam, take my advice or not, IDGAF when it's your money cleaning up the disaster.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright can we get off the subject of the rings? FFS it's water under the bridge and I know what to look for now.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Indeed.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just explain that? Yes, I got it now. Thanks for the help
Why bother , you said you looked , you don't need any help or questions answered. :waytogo:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alrighty, fellers…..seems like there’s some misunderstandings going on here and I think some things get lost in translation as we try to interpret the written word and misunderstandings are happening. Granted, I’ve not read all of OP’s previous threads or posts but he’s allowed to try things for himself and learn by experience. Some folks learn better that way rather than just being told. It doesn’t mean he’s not listening to you. Just from this thread, obviously there’s a lot to learn but he seems to be taking the information learning at his own pace. It’s certainly not an excuse to call a guy “stupid”.

This forum has been built on helping others and have a pretty decent attitude whilst doing it. Let’s not change that. If you don’t like how OP is processing the info then just move along. It’s better than calling names or whatever :shrug:

Anyhoot, we’re all adults here. Let’s keep it civil. And OP, there are a LOT of extremely knowledgeable folks here on this board. Let’s not burn any bridges. If they’re raising some red flags to ya or taking their time to share some wisdom there’s probably some very valid reasons. So there may be some times where instead of making things hard on yourself you may wanna sit back and say “hmm, maybe I DON’T need to learn a lesson here and take the knowledge that’s just been shared and use it to my advantage “ :hmm:

The end

Everyone ready for a warm glass of milk and a nap now? :sleepy:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alrighty, fellers…..seems like there’s some misunderstandings going on here and I think some things get lost in translation as we try to interpret the written word and misunderstandings are happening. Granted, I’ve not read all of OP’s previous threads or posts but he’s allowed to try things for himself and learn by experience. Some folks learn better that way rather than just being told. It doesn’t mean he’s not listening to you. Just from this thread, obviously there’s a lot to learn but he seems to be taking the information learning at his own pace. It’s certainly not an excuse to call a guy “stupid”.

This forum has been built on helping others and have a pretty decent attitude whilst doing it. Let’s not change that. If you don’t like how OP is processing the info then just move along. It’s better than calling names or whatever :shrug:

Anyhoot, we’re all adults here. Let’s keep it civil. And OP, there are a LOT of extremely knowledgeable folks here on this board. Let’s not burn any bridges. If they’re raising some red flags to ya or taking their time to share some wisdom there’s probably some very valid reasons. So there may be some times where instead of making things hard on yourself you may wanna sit back and say “hmm, maybe I DON’T need to learn a lesson here and take the knowledge that’s just been shared and use it to my advantage “ :hmm:

The end

Everyone ready for a warm glass of milk and a nap now? :sleepy:
No problem. Tried to help the guy all I can, I can do no more. Through multiple threads why ask only to ignore everyone.

Last edited: