my TBI builds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
all of them had custom tunes. even if you can get by without a retune any engine will perform tons better with a fully custom tune datalogged and all that. im assuming you can but then again thats only an assumption. so no i dont know for certain.

and yea cleaning out the whole throttle body is a great idea, rebuild kits were cheap last time i bought a couple and it was worth the few bucks to do it.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Anyone here tune the computers themselves

Sent from the Z71

i got a base tune from eagle mark on gearhead efi, then i started datalogging myself and had a friend start to teach me the ropes, i stopped after my computer took a crap on me and havent touched that stuff since. i knwo theres a few people on here who do it in fact theres a thread to datalogging on here.

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got a base tune from eagle mark on gearhead efi, then i started datalogging myself and had a friend start to teach me the ropes, i stopped after my computer took a crap on me and havent touched that stuff since. i knwo theres a few people on here who do it in fact theres a thread to datalogging on here.

Thanks buddy! Im not sure I could do it honestly so if I ever need to I'd like to ask someone here that knows what they are doing!

Sent from the Z71

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Thanks buddy! Im not sure I could do it honestly so if I ever need to I'd like to ask someone here that knows what they are doing!

Sent from the Z71
its a big learning curve. getting a base tune down is the hardest part and then tweaking from there is pretty easy from what ive seen. ive tried to do it on my own completely and theres just alot to know. but you gotta start somewhere.

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its a big learning curve. getting a base tune down is the hardest part and then tweaking from there is pretty easy from what ive seen. ive tried to do it on my own completely and theres just alot to know. but you gotta start somewhere.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to do with mechanical skill I dunno if I could take on tuning too!

Sent from the Z71