My project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sceld94

Reaction score
It's a long story. I've always wanted a SWB GM truck. This is what I've started with:

Attachments

• th_048.jpg
    th_048.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 18

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

sceld94

Reaction score
This is what I will switch everything good from ole red to the green body. The reason for this is because the cab is too far to repair, the '94 was dirt cheap for having good corners, rockers, and door jams. The '94 frame is in better shape than the '90.

Attachments

• Passengerside of 94.jpg
    Passengerside of 94.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 16

sceld94

Reaction score
Here is the rest of the story about my truck. My dad bought it new after I joined the military and my sister got married. He was so excited about this truck because he was the first of 9 kids to buy a new vehicle. Over time the truck wasn't taken care of. Eventually, he gave it to me because I told him I could fix it. What I meant by fixing it was getting it street legal and safe.
From the outside it looks like it is a drivable truck. Not so fast. The first thing I had to change was the brake lines. Brake lines were changed and all four corners were replaced.
Then I had to move to the driver side fender and door damage. We live in Ohio and a few years back a Hurricane hit the east coast. The wind from that Hurricane blew the door out of his hands and folded it forward. It creased the joint and bowed the door jam where the hinges are welded. I'm now on my third door and second fender. I've tried everything to include jacking the jam back into the cab. Results = failed!
Now for the cab corners and rockers. Typical Ohio truck with a lot of years equals they need replaced.
Also, the rear cab frame mount. Another victim of Ohio weather. They need replaced. The driver side is rusted through. Not a big deal since LMC sells replacement mounts.
I almost forgot about the bed. Another victim of the weather and not rust-proofing your vehicle. The bed was a total lost. In my opinion what makes it a total lost was the fact that 1 side of the bed is being reproduced and sold for $400.00 + shipping and a semi-rust free OEM bed can be bought for $200.00. It's a matter of economics. I was able to find a '94 bed, I degreased it, and painted it with POR-15 and under coating.
Then I moved my attention to the cab. I was able to find another '94 SWB roller for $400.00 + $100.00 delivered. It has a clean title and is in a lot better shape than my '90. My plans are to combine the two to make one rust free street truck. Fingers crossed.

sceld94

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Looking better man! Keep up the good work

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Looking like you got a lot of work ahead of you. But it will all be worth it in the end. Keep it going man!