My "New" Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Well I bought my '98 Tahoe a few weeks ago and figured I'd share. Its my second Tahoe and 5th GMT400 that I've owned. Its got around 162,000 miles on it at the moment. Its in decent shape, but does have normal Michigan rust under the doors and a rust hold on the passenger side quarter. I bought it pretty much as a winter daily. I'm pretty happy with it so far, but I think the transmission is starting to go. Anyway, here are a few photos of it. Excuse my crappy iPhone photos.

You must be registered for see images attach

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Very nice and clean, I would love to get my hands on some interior that nice.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I think any OBS is worth a transmission lol. I'm happy with it so far. Like I said, it has its normal rust, but for the most part it is pretty solid. Right before I bought it, the owner had brand new Mastercrafts installed as well as new rear brake lines and new shocks all around.

I flushed the rear diff yesterday, changed the oil and have fluid for the front diff, and transfer case. I was debating on dropping the transmission pan and throwing a new filter and fluid in just to see what happens. Plans are to just drive it for now, maybe window tint and a Denali/Escalade cluster.

Last edited:

Z Fury

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love it. That is like the 2-door version of mine! I do love the 2-doors. One of these days I'll pick up another...