My new project truck: '99 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
So, I've had a very interesting, frustrating and oddly fun time helping my coworker repair and rebuild the front of his '13 Dodge Journey over the course of about 2 weeks. He hydroplaned on a wet road at 5:30 in the morning and managed to impact the retaining wall 3 times. Front, rear, front again.

You must be registered for see images attach

Good news is, no injuries, no airbag deployment. A couple of days after this, we started pulling his front frame section straight, using a heavy chain, a 4k lb comealong, a 6-7' long, 1 3/4" diameter bar of 17-4 stainless that we borrowed from the scrap bin at work, and my old Burb as the anchor point. And yes, that is my dumb ass in the most dangerous area, happily putting tons of stress on a steel cable.

After we went from a nearly 45° bend on the passenger side frame rail, we got that down to only about 2°. And then proceded to fight to bend everything into line just enough to make things bolt back together, with tons of cross-threading, but he didn't particularly care. Final result of structural reconstruction is actually fairly decent.

Finished product? Drives surprisingly straight, doesn't over heat, and most importantly, does what it's supposed to do. Get him to work, and his family where they need to go. Total investment was under $1000 to get it squared away and driveable, including tool costs, parts and the copious amounts of beer he fed me to do this for him.

Dravec

Reaction score
So. In the past 2 months, I've lost both my grandad and grandma on one side of my family. But I got to hold onto a piece of them.
I inherited a pair of 1962 Studebaker Larks from them.
One is a 2 door sedan, 289 V8 (Stude not Ford) with a Borg Warner three on the tree with overdrive.
The other is a 4 doorwagon with a 259 V8 and a Borg Warner automatic.

Dravec

Reaction score
The wagon is a complete unkown. The 2 door, I at least know that the floorpan is gone, seats are gone, and the hood has a hole punched through it from a fan blade that came apart. But the rest is surprisingly there and solid. It also has the engine that my grandad raced with back when he was a young man