My new project truck: '99 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
So...... I've got an interesting one for y'all....

Yesterday, Elise didn't want to run very well when I fired her up. RPM was dancing between 100-1200. And she was coughing and sputtering badly. Got her to idle after about 2 minutes or so, and went to AutoZone. Borrowed their fuel pressure test kit, and showed a grand total of zero psi. Figured that was wrong, so went to another AZ up the road a few miles and got their kit. It registered, wait for it... ZERO psi. Again. Two different kits. I know that can't be right. And I know I installed the kit properly.

So, anyone got a clue? What are the odds that I snagged two different kits that both malfunctioned??

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We'll if she ran to next Auto Zone, you most definitely DO NOT have zero pressure in fuel! Did she idle normally?

Do the 'ol: pick the fuel schafer valve and see what you get. I bet a good stream of fuel? Have a rag or shop towel near by...

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Based on what I was reading recently on my project Silverado that had fuel pressure "loss," the problem could be:

1. Leaking injector(s)

2. Faulty fuel pressure regulator

3. Faulty check valve on the fuel pump

Did you observe the guage right after the key turned ON?

Sometimes if something is wrong it will quickly drop off a lot!

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Based on what I was reading recently on my project Silverado that had fuel pressure "loss," the problem could be:

1. Leaking injector(s)

2. Faulty fuel pressure regulator

3. Faulty check valve on the fuel pump

Did you observe the guage right after the key turned ON?

Sometimes if something is wrong it will quickly drop off a lot!

Yeah, gauge never showed a single pound of pressure. At all. On, off, running. Nothing.

And I'm reasonably sure that my injectors are fully toast.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was saying, how can your fuel injected engine run with "zero" psi of fuel pressure?