My New GMT400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You don't have HIDz in that pup yet? That's one of those MUST mods like exhaust. Huge bang for the buck also. Did you ever have them in your GMC version of a tahoe :D

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
bahaha... yeah i had 6000K in the Yuhoe... I miss them alot!

I got an extra set of 35w 6000k if you want them. You will need a relay harness though but I can get you one for $15. My buddys friend has his own HID company out of Calgary that sells em to dealerships in the city.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hell yea I love my 6000's perfect color :imo: but you should buy this guys. These OBS don't need the relay harness though. I bought one with my DDm kit and it **** less than a month later but they've been fine since. I've heard all it does it help distribute the power when they both come on...Every so often when I flick them on only 1 will come on but then the other with a quick flick them off and back on....Still can't decide if I want to get HI's. I have to go to through inspection so changing them out every year is a real PITA.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hell yea I love my 6000's perfect color :imo: but you should buy this guys. These OBS don't need the relay harness though. I bought one with my DDm kit and it **** less than a month later but they've been fine since. I've heard all it does it help distribute the power when they both come on...Every so often when I flick them on only 1 will come on but then the other with a quick flick them off and back on....Still can't decide if I want to get HI's. I have to go to through inspection so changing them out every year is a real PITA.

That's the reason I added a relay is because they wouldn't always both turn on and sometimes it took a few times turning it on and off to get them both to turn on but they work every time with the relay. Get HI's in my opinion but do the hi-4 mod first, with them in the hi beams and low beams it is sure damn bright.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea and I understand bout the relay harness what I meant to say was some trucks really need them some don't but typically only the newer trucks do...Mine crapped out and made them flicker over every bump so it had to go. I would love to do the 4hi mod but like I say it would be a ***** removing it every freaking year and going back to standard bulbs for inspection :bawl:

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
If I had to buy another set (when I do) I would get 6K. I feel like an ass with the 8K when I pull up behind a small car.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yup. My 8500k's lasted about a week before I took 'em out. Too blue. My night vision ain't what it used to be. They didn't help that a bit. Sold 'em to a small car guy. Love the 6000's though.