My New GMT400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We dont get salt... and they have been on there for 2 winters already... they are Ridiculous to get off too...

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
MY TINTING STEPS EXACTLY: wet sand 2000 grit then, prep for VHT 1 light coat but over lap the previous pass 50/50 then followed by a 2nd coat then, let dry, then when it comes to clear i use clear engine enamel, 4 coats and same thing keep every pass even, let dry and then wet sand with 2000 grit get all the orange peel out of it, then take Mequiars Rubbing compound and rub the crap out of it for like 5 mins, after that take Meguiars Ultimate polish and rub the crap out of it for like 5 min then clean with a fresh rag and BAM.... Sick Tails via VHT lol

My front windows are tinted some hence the darkness, and some smoked cab lights would be pretty bad ass.... also for tires im going 40s and 4:56s for spring (saving my pennies)

Bad ass bro I am doing this today. I bought some rustoleum lens tint and it just came out a weird ass look I think it's just a crappy brand on tint in a can so I'm gonna go get the VHT and make this my project for today. I'll post a pic when I getz done :D

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bad ass bro I am doing this today. I bought some rustoleum lens tint and it just came out a weird ass look I think it's just a crappy brand on tint in a can so I'm gonna go get the VHT and make this my project for today. I'll post a pic when I getz done :D

No worries.. look forward to pics!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just finished the 2nd or 3rd coat, not really sure :think: but they sure are dark!! Waiting for them to dry then 4 coats of clear, dry, then 2000 grit, buff and polish...

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
40's are going to be ever so SIK they will really make those flares look in place...What brand 6" susp is it? I don't even want to guess tire prices for wide 40's for 20's :nono:

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah you got her man... the most time consuming part will be getting rid of the orange peel... just take your time do it right its all about the details. They will look dark but the light output is still very sufficient. Good Luck.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay well all I bought was the 2000 grit sandpaper. I plan to clear coat the **** out of them though so they shine real nice but I plan on just wetsanding with 2000 soo is there anything special I need to know? How long did you spend doing that? I wetsanded them before I shot them but that didn't take 10 minutes.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine was on last winter, tons of salt and no washing they never dulled or anything, still look great. The things don't rust they are stainless steel, maybe around them or under them but no garuntees on that part.

I feel your pain though on the one piece, mine got hit in the DS last winter and the front bed piece is coming loose.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks a ton Vigh they look a million times better and shiney!!
You must be registered for see images attach