My New GMT400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
MY TINTING STEPS EXACTLY: wet sand 2000 grit then, prep for VHT 1 light coat but over lap the previous pass 50/50 then followed by a 2nd coat then, let dry, then when it comes to clear i use clear engine enamel, 4 coats and same thing keep every pass even, let dry and then wet sand with 2000 grit get all the orange peel out of it, then take Mequiars Rubbing compound and rub the crap out of it for like 5 mins, after that take Meguiars Ultimate polish and rub the crap out of it for like 5 min then clean with a fresh rag and BAM.... Sick Tails via VHT lol

My front windows are tinted some hence the darkness, and some smoked cab lights would be pretty bad ass.... also for tires im going 40s and 4:56s for spring (saving my pennies)

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
man i thought cali was strict...my tires are hanging out so wide the fronts roost the lanes next to me in the winter. i never get pulled over and all i have are clear flaps

Thats hilarious, but mine are permanent and they suit the truck IMO so... get use to them boys :)

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like you got a really good trade James, I would add a rollpan, hidden hitch, towz, and smoked cablights

I vote this as well. Im not a big fan of rollpans on lifted truck, but on yours it would look killer. The towz and cablights just fit a big *** truck like that!!

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I vote this as well. Im not a big fan of rollpans on lifted truck, but on yours it would look killer. The towz and cablights just fit a big *** truck like that!!

Think i might go NBS rear bumper... i dunno who knows to many descions

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
truck looks really good but for me all that flare needs huge tires, those look like 35's on that truck due to them cutout flares.

They don't say much about flaps here but flares they do for sure, like you gotta have em to cover up the tires.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
truck looks really good but for me all that flare needs huge tires, those look like 35's on that truck due to them cutout flares.

They don't say much about flaps here but flares they do for sure, like you gotta have em to cover up the tires.

Yeah they do look smaller than 38s but it also feels small driving it until somebody on a 6 and 35s rolls passed lol...

but thanks swims

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear ya man.

As for the chrome, I'm a chrome guy for sure, but hard choice, on the lighter colors it doesn't show up as much and I could go either way. The one down side would be it's a great looking truck and nice paint, removing it, maybe it wasn't painted under them, or maybe it'll rip the paint and require paint work once removed.

So honestly with the truck looking nice I think I'd leave em just for the sake of not having to do paint work or touch ups.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear ya man.

As for the chrome, I'm a chrome guy for sure, but hard choice, on the lighter colors it doesn't show up as much and I could go either way. The one down side would be it's a great looking truck and nice paint, removing it, maybe it wasn't painted under them, or maybe it'll rip the paint and require paint work once removed.

So honestly with the truck looking nice I think I'd leave em just for the sake of not having to do paint work or touch ups.

If only you posted this at this time yesterday i wouldnt be in the predicament that i am in... took the passenger side off already and it did just that!!

So screw it the rockers are staying... just need a new peice for the pass door.... (Bitter)

Last edited: