My new console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made this out of wood,, cuz im a carpenter , so i wasnt looking for perfect glass finish, i wanted functional, higher and storage . so for me doing renovations, i needed somewhere to keep reciepts and such and a place to put my coffee.. haha this is what i came up with.. all the hinges are soft closing and it has 3 coats of spraybomb primer and 4 coats of a very close match(looks closer in person) spraybomb paint i got at lowes, the arm rest is at the upolstery guy getting treated

You must be registered for see images attach

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont bug me on the seat covers haha , the seats are leather and im always dirty ...so i dont want to ***** the seats.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Very nice! How about a clip from a clipboard under the console lid to hold the paperwork as you write. Kinda like the factory ones. If you try to write on the top, the vinyl will cause the pen to sink into it, possibly ripping your papers and gettin ink on your nice new lid. Just an idea. But really, nice job!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
WOW!!! I used to be in woodworking, but damn it boy!!! That's some nice work there man!!!

sewlow58, that's actually an awesome idea!!!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Thanks! Only been here for short periods of time in the last little while, making smart-ass comments. Figured that maybe I should make up for that.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Holy hinges! Those things are pure beef on the two that open away from you. That looks really nice. You have my wheels turning now about making something like that....

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Yeah yeah, awesome console.

How about some more interior pictures, I'm swappin' out from beige.
Also, that change holder is identical to the one in my '08 TL.

Any LEDs?