My new $200 dollar rims Check em out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I've got a quick question for you guys. Did wheel spacers/adapters just get a bad rep with a lot of rumors right off the back because they have a persona of being "unprofessional"? I've never had any experience with either, but to me a wheel spacer bolted to your studs would have be no different than a wheel bolted to your studs. Is there something I'm missing?

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm runnin 1.5" spacers on my truck. No problems yet.. But you gotta realize that an adapters gonna push your wheels out so you might wanna check your offset/back spacing before jumpin into adapters. If that's been mentioned then ok, I didn't read the whole thread..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it hasn't been mentioned then thanks, but that is what i plan to do.. lol I cannot have a rim sticking way out from the body by no means so I need to check that. and to Horns.. I think the biggest rep people have with them.. is instead of having just 4-8 lugs.. you have 8-16 lugs.. plus moves the wheel farther out putting more stress on the studs, bearings, etc.. people were snapping off studs like crazy I believe and having accidents.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well that would be true but them being alum. is like rear blocks, some alum. ones crack I've had a set do it hauling no weight, and had a set last hauling around 1k lbs. or more off and on.

They bolt on and that part is definately strong, the weak part is them, they hold the truck now, they hold the new studs which hold your new wheel and if they aint built tough enough they will fail. either crack or break or let the studs come loose. if they are built strong and good then yea they should be fine, but it's a gamble.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well that would be true but them being alum. is like rear blocks, some alum. ones crack I've had a set do it hauling no weight, and had a set last hauling around 1k lbs. or more off and on.

They bolt on and that part is definately strong, the weak part is them, they hold the truck now, they hold the new studs which hold your new wheel and if they aint built tough enough they will fail. either crack or break or let the studs come loose. if they are built strong and good then yea they should be fine, but it's a gamble.

Very good point. They do make billet ones too. :D

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Sweet deal on the wheels. They go good with the flat black.

Wheel adapters work fine if you install them correctly, properly torque them, and they are periodically checked. The people that have problems beat the **** out of their trucks, don't retighten them, or use the wrong lug nuts.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I ended up getting a set of adapters local for next to nothing so I had to try them out! here is a few I took late last night.
You must be registered for see images attach

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You guys give me any advice or help on trying to find a decent tire size for these wheels.. they are 18x8 inch rims. I have found some 265/60/18s, but I think they will be too tall... what you guys think?