My LS swap in 2 dr 2 wd tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No big deal Robert, thanks though.
On another note, the truck had been running pretty ty. Real bad GPM and just not sounding right. Wouldn't take the changes to the tune well. I decided to see what size injectors i had, Come to find out I have flex fuel injectors and the tune was setup for stock 24lb injectors. What a difference that made!!
She runs like racetruck now. LOL

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Well
Not really. If that is what segmenting is then I know HP Tuners cant do that. If you look on post #6, I don't have that in the current tune i have.

HPTuners CAN do segmenting, you just have to send it to them to do it. When I bought my harness/PCM, I got a 4l80e/6.0 harness. So I had to repin the transmission connector, and have them do whats called a "segment swap" go convert the 4l80e segment to a 4l60e.

I'd imagine a similar process would fix your issue if that is in fact the problem, but I wouldn't have even guessed that the fuel gauge and PCM have anything to do with each other on that truck from the factory. Sender should just give voltage strait to the dash.

No big deal Robert, thanks though.
On another note, the truck had been running pretty ty. Real bad GPM and just not sounding right. Wouldn't take the changes to the tune well. I decided to see what size injectors i had, Come to find out I have flex fuel injectors and the tune was setup for stock 24lb injectors. What a difference that made!!
She runs like racetruck now. LOL

That's great news on BOTH fronts. Having the extra fueling capacity makes life easier for sure.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah. That's what I need.
My tuner is sending both files over to another tuner that he works with to see if he can do it. Lextech said to send him the pcm and he can do it. But since it's my daily I just can't send it to him right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Yeah. That's what I need.
My tuner is sending both files over to another tuner that he works with to see if he can do it. Lextech said to send him the pcm and he can do it. But since it's my daily I just can't send it to him right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed both files to HPTuners. I don't know if they even used the 4l60 segment or if they just used one they keep on file. They had it turned around in a couple days.

Their forum is full of dickbags though, when I asked the question I got nothing but responses about how I should be more sure of what I'm buying, and how "hacking together swaps causes people tons of issues". Nobody even ever answered my actual question, had to go find that on LS1Tech or something.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah no comment on that forum.
I'm not going to say its useless but its the last place I go for tuning questions and it should be the first.

That's exactly what i need done on mine., hope Richard can come through, if not I'll send it to Jeff when I get the chance.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know when you get that feeling of "wonder what I can get for her"?
Looks like she will be headed to East Texas tomorrow. Nothing set in stone yet but he is bringing cash!
Put a number up on a Facebook page and got a PM with in 30 min. See what happens!!

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL
Yeah, thought it was going to stay with me for a good while, but with the money I can start another project and still be able to buy me a daily.