My long search for a good header gasket is over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I just wanted to share some good info incase someone else out there is looking for a header gasket that actually seals. I've had some bad luck when it comes to sealing the headers. I've had 2 sets of heads (stock and RHS heads), 2 sets of headers (edelbrock and hedman), and tried countless header gaskets, all of which have sucked to one degree or another. I've ran the 'dead soft' aluminum ones, copper ones, graphite ones, fiber ones, stock manifold gaskets, stock manifold gaskets with copper head sealant sprayed on, etc. nothing at all works, or at least not for very long (even with re-torquing). and with my whipple on, it is a severe PITA to go and change the header gaskets.

I recently found these 'Remflex' brand gaskets, and was a little skeptical on their claims, due to my past gasket experiences, but I've put them on and now the exhaust is DEAD quiet. I've had the drivers side on for a few months, and just put the passenger side on but I dig them. I'll probably never use another type of gasket again if I don't have to.

these are the ones I got:
http://catalog.remflex.com/CHEVROLET_GM_CHEVY_Header_Exhaust_Manifold_Gasket_p/rf2011.htm

and they're currently sealing my hedman elite LT's to my RHS vortec 'torker' heads nicely. if I change headers to something with an actual 3 bolt collector instead of the ball-socket that I have now (I also dig the ball-socket, haven't had any collector leaks with them at all), I'll be getting the remflex collector gaskets too.

I also use the locking header bolts, so I haven't had to re-torque them, and everything is staying silent.

not trying to sound like some kind of advertisement here, just stoked that I don't have to deal with that damn ticking anymore, and thought I'd share for anyone else with the same problem.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....I doubled up with 2each Fel-Pro's on each side and retorque my header bolts every other month so I'll definetly be readng up on that brand. Definetly need the Stage 8's too !!!!!

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, I run the stage 8's, they can be a PITA to get on, but once they're on, they stay put.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice info, I've found that only the GM brand ones work for the LS motors, I'll have to look into these next time I do a SBC.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry, didn't see this thread till now...they are holding perfectly, haven't had any trouble with them, even with the supercharger on they had no issues.

kwbudaman

Reaction score
sorry, didn't see this thread till now...they are holding perfectly, haven't had any trouble with them, even with the supercharger on they had no issues.
Thanks for the update! too bad they're not ready made for the vortec 454, although I see the material is sold in blank sheets, so perhaps all is not lost!

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The link isn't working for me. :(