My k3500 (its adventure)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grath

Reaction score
New member here! A couple months ago I traded my 2008 ltr450 (its a quad if anybody was wondering, but don't worry I still have a couple quads to ride lol) for my 1995 sierra 1 ton and its basically a work truck, no power doors, no fabric interior, just a good ol red pickup truck that used to be a tow rig for a construction company. I can see the fresher paint where the company decals used to be on the bedsides and the doors still! Anyway, this thing needs help. Its an awesome truck the way it is, I love the 454tbi and the way the truck handles and sits JUST THE WAY IT IS! But unfortunately I love to make stuff, well, my own. I owned more quads than I can count with one hand, and still have many other projects to finish before this truck but its my first time working on my own truck and doing stuff my way. So, I'll be posting here frequently showing whats up with my jalopy. Dunno about you guys but I suppose you came here for pics, lol so lets get to it.

Like I said I traded my quad for this beast. The first pic is the day I brought it home and the second pic is pretty much how it sits as of now. Since then I've have to replace a portion of the rusted trans fluid lines, replace the oil pressure sensor, and I'm having an issue with the horn sticking so I try not to use it otherwise I'll be going down the road smacking my steering wheel looking like a stressed out soccer mom on her way to her teaching job listening to some deathcore or something. About a day after I got the truck, I picked up some 16" ION alloys that needed some love for $150, they were missing a center cap and were in dire need of polishing. So I got everything polished and swapped tires and bolted em on and they look great. Just waiting for my new chrome lug nuts and the missing center cap to come in the mail and I'm going to paint them all silver and clear coat because the other three are peeling plastic chrome off. I also put a Cobra 29 limited CB radio in with a magnetic roof antenna. The CB came out of my dads old pete 379, I used to ride with him back in the day and remember talking to my brother who was driving close to my dads rig when they would do some group hauls. So its full of memories, and my dad said I could have it. So I put er in the ol gmc! That's about it as of now. Did I mention I'm 16? Yes I am paying for this truck myself, its my first truck I've legally been able to drive lol so its going to stick with me for a while. I'll put all my plans for it in the next post. Here are the pics:

You must be registered for see images attach
[/url]

You must be registered for see images attach
[/url]

Grath

Reaction score
In the long run, the plans are to replace all the rusted parts and do all body work to restore this thing to look damn near brand new. That might take a while, and I also want to swap in a 4bt which will eventually be twin turbo'd. So far I've only fixed a few things and replaced the muffler with a glasspack and finished the exhaust because it was all hacked up when I bought it, sounds nice for single and sounds much better than a lot of duel'd 350's and 5.4's in my opinion. Not too loud, but loud enough.

Tomorrow I am going to grab everything I need to put power doors in this thing. My friend rolled his old GMC, sold it to a guy, he's taking the engine out of it and the trans then taking it to the scrap yard. So said "Hey before you do that I need some stuff from it!" he basically told me to have at it. So, I'll be getting door panels with fabric on them, power locks, power windows, and I'm going to try to figure out the power mirror and seat harness to see if I can nab that while I'm at it. Then on top of that stuff, I'm grabbing various interior parts I need like cup holders, dash pieces etc. The awesome thing is, its free, and the interior is the same color as the one in my truck! Also, I may or may not try to get the wiper fluid pump and stuff like that because mine just makes a noise and squirts nothing. I already ordered a remote start kit, new lug nuts, a center cap I am missing, and I have all new rotors and pads to install in the front and new drum brake hardware kits for the rear to replace all the crappy rusted brake springs and adjusters n such in the rear end.

So this weekends goals:

Replace front brake rotors and pads
Replace drum hardware
Install remote start
Install power doors
Fix cut abs wire on front right wheel
Paint and install center caps
Then if my new lug nuts come, install those

Stay tuned! :)

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Truck has alot of potential, instead of paint the wheels I would strip the clear and polish the bare aluminum, looks way better then paint IMO.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
What the hell is a quad??? :jester:

Just kidding! A buddy of mine is from up north and calls my 4wheelers quads. I give him hell about it. LOL

Welcome! Nice looking truck! Those wheels make the truck. I love SCLB 2500's. Those are the perfect wheels for those trucks I think

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck man!! Would look good with just a little bit of lift, if you ever plan to :)

Grath

Reaction score
Thanks guys! By the way I'm painting the center caps since they are all crappy, not the wheels, that's why I don't have them on right now as they look bad and I'm missing one but it should be in the mail soon. Got my remote start today! Tomorrow I'm going to install it, or atleast try to. Lol. I went to remove the power door stuff from my friends old 98 and I absolutely could not get the windows off or the locks disconnected. I read a bunch of guides but non helped. Do I have to drill out the rivets holding the stuff for the window crank and lock on or what? Totally confused. I also need to rip apart the dash and to do so I need to smash out the shattered windshield. That will be interesting.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck, if I were you instead of sanding and painting the alloy wheels, you can just wet sand them then clear coat them, it'll make them look brand new once you get all the old grime and flaking off of them...just my 2 cents, done it before and it was well worth the effort...nice rig and plans for it

Live action!!