My k3500 (its adventure)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grath

Reaction score
So I attempted to install the remote start tonight... Let's just say that's a job for another day. I really could not figure out which wire went to which. I haven't connected anything yet so I just put it all back together so I can drive the truck. Anybody know where to find a guide for a 95+ remote start install or a documentation of one so I have an idea? I looked and looked. I found one for a 94 which looks pretty good but doesn't even relate to the 95 exept for a few of the ignition wires.

Grath

Reaction score
I just found the correct table explaining which wires are which and where they are. Tomorrow or Sunday I'm going to make another attempt.

Grath

Reaction score
Could somebody help me, I have some questions. This remote start is confusing. I got everything but the parking light output wired. There's a brown wire which is for the parking lights on the light switch on the dash. On the remote start, it says to wire one of the parking light wires (there are two white wires from the rs harness I am supposed to wire for parking lights) and to either connect the other to a 12v source or ground it. I have no idea which to do. Anybody know anything? I connected on wire and grounded the other and it blew the parking light fuse lol I'm not cut out for this stuff. The ignition harness is all ready but just finishing it up.

Grath

Reaction score
I found a pictorial for a 95 Tahoe (exactly what I was looking for a couple days ago) but it still doesn't answer my question, I need to know what I should do with the second parking light wire off my remote start harness. I had one tapped into the parking light wire and the second wire off the rs harness grounded and it blew the fuse. So I'm stumped.

Grath

Reaction score
I got everything wired right and when I try to learn the tach it acts like it should (minus the parking lights) but then when I try to use the remote start option the brain box thinger for the remote start just clicks 14 times. This thing is getting irritating, can't make any progress on it.

Grath

Reaction score
Ok so here's what I'm thinking, the brown wire behind the switch (the wire that turns on the parking lights) is only hot when the switch is turned on. In the RS manual, it says if the wire needs to be hot, then I need to connect one wire the parking light wire, and the other wire to a constant and use a 15amp max fuse in between. Going to try this.

Grath

Reaction score
I need to tap a wire to the white wire on the brake light switch. Can't find it, anyone know where it is?