my first vehicle/DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justin12234

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so a few weeks ago a guy called us wanting to swap his 95 z71 for my dad raptor so i can have a vehicle, and he sent us a picture of what it looks like, and we liked it so we went and got it.

the picture he sent us:
You must be registered for see images

when we got it the clear coat from the hood and top of cab was coming off, other than that it was in good condition.

engine bay isnt that bad imo.

PO ran over a bush and dinged it and someone tried to break into the truck before we got it, any ideas on how to fix it?

tread on the tires, the truck came with factory wheels and my dads friend was selling his truck so we swapped wheels and tires for a .22 marlin

my sisters ex bf dog that still stays at our house, he doesnt mind and neither does my sister so she's the riding buddy we have.

my dads 86 silverado

things to come:
clean the wheels
brush guard maybe?
bed tool box
maybe paint black since the clear coat is already coming off, and if i get it painted id really like to have a stepside bed put on it if possible
definitely a cd player, only has the cassette deck

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks good man! the wheels made alot of difference! how many miles does it have?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Nice starting point. Do you have an iPod? If you do, get a deck with a usb on it. I can't remember the last time I listened to a CD. I've got the Pioneer DEH-4200ub. It has a USB and AUX input on the front, so it's easy to plug into.

The usb input is nice for these reasons:
Volume on the iPod doesn't affect stereo volume, like an AUX cable does (if it goes from the headphone jack).
It allows you to control the iPod through the head unit.
It charges the iPod.

That's just my $0.02. Like I said, I LOVE my deck, since I've gotten it, used nothing but the iPod. Gives you a lot more music at your fingertips than a CD or radio.

justin12234

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks good man! the wheels made alot of difference! how many miles does it have?
it has 211k miles, but doesnt tick or rattle, only thing we done to it was put gas in it to drive it back home, and put 1 can of freon in it.

Nice starting point. Do you have an iPod? If you do, get a deck with a usb on it. I can't remember the last time I listened to a CD. I've got the Pioneer DEH-4200ub. It has a USB and AUX input on the front, so it's easy to plug into.

The usb input is nice for these reasons:
Volume on the iPod doesn't affect stereo volume, like an AUX cable does (if it goes from the headphone jack).
It allows you to control the iPod through the head unit.
It charges the iPod.

That's just my $0.02. Like I said, I LOVE my deck, since I've gotten it, used nothing but the iPod. Gives you a lot more music at your fingertips than a CD or radio.

i was looking at that because i have a ipod touch, but damn those are expensive

edit: ok, compared to local audio stores its pretty cheap online compared to the prices around here

Last edited:

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got my jvc at walmart. it has alot of different colors too :D lol. it was $114.98 and has cd, usb, and aux input

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
211,*** is just getting broke in for these trucks. Plenty of miles left on her!
You can pick up a CD, USB for cheap if you look in the right places. I got an Alpine for around $150

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Yup, Walmart. That's where I got mine too, I think it was around $170, but it's got a nice blue OLED display.
I was just saying, if you're going to spend the money to get a CD player, the ones with the USB aren't much more, and you might as well step it up, if that's what you really want. Get what YOU want, even if you have to save a little longer. It will really save you money in the end. Also, if you decide to go with the USB, make sure it's compatible with the touch.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks exactly like mine did the day I got it, except you have the luxury of the PO NOT installing chrome rocker panels. Engine bay looks exactly like mine too.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
Thats a nice truck for a first vehicle. Take care of it though. If it is taken care of it will always be there for you. Also, if you need to get a different vehicle for some reason and the truck has to go. You got a good bargaining chip to work with.

I wish i had as nice a ride for my first. I bought 2 cars and made one good one. Found out later the computer was shot and radiator was plugged. Bought a rust bucket and i had to work on that thing every weekend to keep it going.

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
if your looking for a nicer stereo check out Crutchfield.com they give you all the installation parts for free when you order a deck i have a Pioneer DEH-5200HD great deck for around $200