My beyond midlife crisis build!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthJerseySteve

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
:help::help::help::help: ok, a little background on this truck,, it's a 96 SCSS, paid 900 3 months ago. 116,000 miles.. Engine was hydro locked, 200 bucks and an intake gasket swap, rod and main bearings with new pump, fresh oil and filter and now my daily driver.. L31, 4L60,342 limited slip btw.. After 2 months driving and 2500 miles I'm confident with the engine and transmission, now time to move on..
First order of business was going to be a drop kit , wheels and tires since the body and paint are presentable for its age but a buddy of mine just took over a body shop and wants to paint the truck at cost.. Who am I to argue?? Going to stay with the emerald green just to be different.. I'm working on my pic posting skills on this sight so bear with me,, I'm old!! Lol
. New cowl hood..

SouthJerseySteve

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I know you all couldn't wait so here's another pic! Lol.. Tool box gone now..interior is like brand new, gonna leave that alone. Will post better pics of truck soon. The reason I decided to paint first besides the price is that there are so many clear oat scratches on it.. It's a shame because this thing is straight! Only thing driving me nuts is that the ass end sits really high on this thing..

SouthJerseySteve

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ameri King was right!!!just another before pic.. Mess in driveway from bearing swap cleaned up..
This truck is my daily driver,, hate car payments..I'm looking for input as far as lowering for a daily.. There's a lot of great looking slammed, bagged etc trucks on this site,, but how low is practical for a dd?. I know.. I'm old..

SouthJerseySteve

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My beyond midlife crisis build

Dropped her off for paint and bodywork last night.. Pics to follow.

SouthJerseySteve

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was gonna stick with the original emerald green, my pics so far suck but the truck looks good in that color.. My buddy doing the job suggested I pick a more modern emerald green, something with a little more pearl in it,, after a little searching I chose this,,,

SouthJerseySteve

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Almost ready for paint...

SouthJerseySteve

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just got these pics sent to me.. Hard to really see the color in these pics.. Still needs wet sand and polish

SouthJerseySteve

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked her up Saturday from body shop,, still needs detailing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 53