My beater; 93 K2500 Cheyene RCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BornToHula

Reaction score
Just picked it up for $900; rebuilt trans last year, motor has 205k but runs strong, good compression across all 8 cylinders.
TBI 350; 4L80E, Frame is in good shape, and the box is perfect.
Body has a little rust, but no rot.
Only work it needs, is a rear shock mount on the drivers side, which should be an easy fix.

Plans are to tint the windows 20% all around, new tires, and probably paint the grille black. Flowmaster Exhaust from my old chevy, and 454 Injectors.

Otherwise it's staying fairly stock.

Looking for a good 265/75/16 A/T, but not finding anything for a good price, if anyone has a lead on some, let me know.

anyways, here's the pics.

You must be registered for see images

By blitzkreigrich92 at 2011-11-05

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Not a bad starting point. I like the truck

BornToHula

Reaction score
It's my first FSC, I've had S-10's and S-10 Blazers prior to this. and a 5/8 dropped Sonoma, So this should be a learning experience.
I work as a garbage-man at the moment, so updates will be few and far between. The tint and stereo will probably be the first things I do.
Considering lifting it, but not 100% on that just yet.

I'm debating between going 265/75 or 285/75; It's kinda hard to get a good deal on tires in my area. So Hopefully something used in good shape pops up on the local craigslist.

Under the hood it needs some work, all the under hood parts are rusty and whatnot. So I'm probably going to pick up a new air-cleaner setup, and clean up the alternator and valve covers.

For the exhaust, I've been toying with the idea of 2.5" Straight Pipes, with Flowmaster 50's. or even just adding a Flowmaster 50 to the stock exhaust setup in place of the stock muffler.

This is also my daily driver, so as I said, Updates will be seldom for a while until my money situation improves.

seems to be alot of good information on this board, think I'll stick around.

BornToHula

Reaction score
Anyone got experience with those re-treads? Doesn't seem like a bad deal. Just hoping they aren't complete garbage.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Wow love that website, If I hadn't literally just gotten back from picking up a set of used tires I'd be trying that out for sure!

And love the truck btw!

Jeeves

Reaction score
Nice snag. Something you can work on quite a bit in the future.

BornToHula

Reaction score
Thanks, I found it for sale, the day after a deal fell through for me on a 91 Montero 4 Door; Guy originally wanted 1800, but I've known him since i was about 5 years old, so he was like, If you really want it, give me 900 and it's yours. so I pounced on it.
But yeah, for $900 i'm pretty happy, motor runs great, trans is flawless, frame is in overall good shape, only real repairs it needs, are a new bench seat, the old one is torn to bits, and the rear drivers side shock mount needs to be welded back on.

I'm not planning on doing much Hauling with this truck, maybe the occasional scrap run or towing a junk car. otherwise it's mainly gonna be my daily driver, and hunting/fishing truck.