My baby is sick!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottywiley

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, here’s an update.

It’s a Christmas miracle (early). She’s running again. I replaced the ignition key cylinder (because I had an extra one). And I did the resistor mod. Maybe it’s temporary but right now I’m a happy camper. About to go try her out. Think I’ll go wash her.

scottywiley

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is an old post. But I ran across it and wanted to give the final update. I finally had to drop $200 and have passlock programmed out. The security light comes on from time to time. But haven't had any issues for almost a year I guess. I've since swapped the mney pit Jeep TJ for a 2000 C5 corvette (I had no idea the market for old jeeps. A guy drove 300 miles to get mine. Crazy). Through it all my baby hasn't let me down. Well not since last passlock episode. But I never thought about getting rid of her. She's my daily. 5-speed stick and all. Thank you guiys for all the insight on this issue. I'm sure I'll be asking for help again sometimes.
Thanks again, Scotty