my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Never seen this before! Gunna look awesome finished!

Reaction score
Thanks guys! And i guess its called Zing, idunno... But yeah, the frame where the radiator core sits was dropped down two inches. Got it done today. Moved the wire harness to under the brake booster. Had it like everyone says to, the up and over a couple inches... But when i layed out the tire almost shoved it into the cab...lol Man, the damn thing being under the brake booster works soooo much better! Only thing ive gotta mod to it is the wires to the cruise controll need to be made two inches longer.. also moved all those wires to the other side of the brake lines.. now when i make my mounting bracket for the antilock, fuse block and computer all the wires/plugs are in the perfect spot. Only thing i dont like so far about the body drop is since it was static for a few years, the rockers are smashed up.. i hada 1/4" difference on the drivers front cause of it being crushed.. and the passenger side is fuuuuged up.. 3/4" front and 1/4" rear.. not really noticable, but i know its there.. fkn sux.. i didnt want to twist the body to do away with it. I measured the difference of each corned and layed shims down so itd be exactly a 2" body drop all around. And paint stir sticks for five gallon paint are exactly a 1/4" thick ;) I threw the bumper on ot for a lil bit just to make possitive nothing got outta whack when the front frame got remounted. Everythings perfect.. Had to ditch the baffle from the air intake cause it hits the firewall to hood gaket. Found out a 1.5" pvc pipe cap fits into the baffle hole perfect. Gonna cap it with that. Sux now ive gotta remove my inner fenders and tweek them again, but that should be simple.. also, my battery still fkn clears infront the passenger tire, so that kicks ***..lol

Reaction score
Got off work a lil early today, got the fenders back on.. cant fit the trailer fenders any more so ima make something else.. Also made a bracket for the antilock box, going to add some tabs for the fuse block and computer. Ima try and get some pics up in a few days.

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Computer mounted, abs and fuse block.. moved the radiator overflow to the drivers side.

Reaction score

Made a frame from round tube for the fender and radiator shroud skin to go into.. hope to finish that tomorrow.

Reaction score
The side bars have the same slope as the fenders, and the cross bar is arched up for a shroud.