my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yeah, we had to use or loose our vacation time so i played with dropping it more.. Ima stick to the SS7 bags, they replaced all four.. Cant complain about that :) they were sent out tonight.. Im stoked! Were looking like we may finnaly be in the other house soon, so ill be gutting the interior for body drop hopefully this early spring :)

Reaction score
Well, decided to say fk it and do it..

if the crossmembers and exhaust and gas tank have been raised, its only a two inch body drop... i went traditional cause to me its less time and simpler.
You must be registered for see images attach

floor cut free and cab dropped..

everything lined up :)

for the radiator hose..lol

left the A.C. and radiator still connected.. wasnt really a point in undoing all that when ya dont have to

Well, thats all for now.. I rounded the floor off at the door so its not a step, the only hard part was removing the interior A.C. box lower portion to get access to the fire wall there.. Also, noticed nobody EVER mentions you have to cut out around the cab mount access ports in the cab to get to the cab mount housing to cut it.. So in all its not just cut across the fire wall, rear cab wall and along the door sills.. lol Fkn corners are a bish, but can be done with a cut off wheel.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Looks awesome man ive been following your build since I can remember and I must say you are doing a great job