my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Lol, thanks guys! I'm praying weather will start being more on my side, hopefully get this thing closer to finished quickly :)

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well... It's bodied. Suicide doors almost done.. hopefully it won't rain on my next day off so I can finish them..
I guess it's probably about time to finally bag the dang thing..lol

Waiting on more parts..

You must be registered for see images attach
I'm a little confused? Lol. Thought this thing was bagged and bodied long ago? Was it just a temp setup in the rear or something?

Reaction score
Well guys...
Using paint stripper on the factory hinges really does show you exactly where the pressed pins are.
One coat of Aircraft Stripper and a couple minute wait, paint came right off with a plastic scraper.
I used a 1/2" drill bit and drilled in as close to I could get to the thickness of the hinge. Used a simple flat pry bar and tapped between door and hinge a couple times and it popped right off.

Couldn't ask for a simpler way..lol
maybe 6-10 minutes a hinge with a good drill bit..
No thinning of the sheet metal due to a grinder or cut off wheels.. No eating molten sparks.. I love it!!!