My 96 k1500 centurion crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The body mounts are in the same location as the oem Chevy cabs, everything on mine is good except the cracked frame so I am keeping everything off it, I can get bare frame/suspension for about 400-500 at a local salvage yard, just have to wait for another to pop up I missed the last one. But I'm not selling it or parting it out, in all reality this is fixable but I really need a heavier truck which is why I'm going to do the swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
You gona leave the front and rear heavier axles in?

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hopefully down the road ile find me a nv4500 to replace my 3500 too, but im making it top priority to find a frame by the fall this year so ile have time to give it a once-over (brakes, axle seals, ect)

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yah box the rame grind it down and paint it

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think I am going to be boxing it, it'll tow a lot but nothing it wasn't built for, and with fuel and brake lines running down the inside of the frame rails I would want to re-locate them, I don't believe it would really be worth it

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally got to put some more time and money into the truck, new idler and pitman arm, ditched the wheels and tires (way too wide/offset) for a set of k5 rallys and 33"thornbirds,
You must be registered for see images attach

I started taking the body lift off yesterday, I will miss the height, but not the frame hanging down and all the other stupid things that come with them.

I broke 6 of the 8 bed bolts, only one cab bolt. Those will be addressed tomorrow. Next on the list will be some body work and finishing the interior.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Always wanted a CCSB 1500 for the rare factor, and yours looks nice! Next truck I'd like will (hopefully) be a 99 k2500 CCSB!

And glad to see an update!

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Body lift is off, one broken cab bolt to fix, ile get a new rear bumper soon (it's bent a little). Last owner screwed up the exhaust I put on it back in '10 (all 3" pipe coming out at 45% with no tips) by putting tips on it and cutting and re-welding random parts back together for no apparent reason, and it was put on after the body lift so one pipe hits the bed. But it's awful so it will be replaced when I have more money to throw at it.

(The bed isn't tightened down in the pic is why the body line is off)