My 94 :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys :) she needs a little rust repair here and there, but all in all, its a pretty nice truck. It runs and drives AMAZING. And thats surprising because it was sitting for 2 years. All we did to get it started was hook up jumper cables, and let it sit for maybe 30 seconds, and cranked it for 3 seconds and fired right up. It needs a few things, like an alternator. lol. I found that out the hard way. I was stranded at the car wash with a dead battery. But today i picked up a rebuilt alternator from the junk yard for $25. The only thing stopping me from putting it in is the bolts are different sizes than the ones from the old alternator. Im not too sure what my plans are going to be for it just yet. Im working on a deal right now to get a nice set of rims for it. Im going to be trading my (running, driving) 86 K10, for a fiberglass jeep tub and frame and some other stuff (including the rims for this truck) and i bet i could get him to throw in a dual exhaust on this thing.
But so far my plans are,

Short term:
Alternator bolted in,
Titled,
Paint, (most likely going to rattle can the peeling parts, until the rust is completely taken care of)
Smoked and cleared head and tail lights, and visor lights (which work, but 2 bulbs are burnt out)
Headers, and dual exhaust
Needs a front brake line too, it rusted away:/

Long term:
Maybe drop a few inches, or maybe SAS. Who knows. lol.
Ive had the diesel itch for a long time, and ive been toying with the idea to drop a cummins in this thing. lol
it wouldnt be a 5.9, thats for sure. Maybe a 4bt.

But now that i think about it, the guy im going to be trading my truck to,
has a 4bt sitting in his garage:) WITH, a chevy tranny bell housing attached to it!! Im gonna wheel and deal tomorrow with him, so im gonna see what i can get out of him. :)

Last edited:

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i might not be trading my K10 for that jeep. But i might be trading it for a 80's cclb dually chevy, with a 4BT cummins. So that will give me something decent on gas so i can start saving money to put into my 94 :) Because my 86 K10 is my daily driver, and i put about $20 in everyday, and i total about 50-60 miles everyday. Not the best. lol

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great find if I was you and I had one rusted brake line I would replace them all. I thought your truck had a 4L60E transmission because they started coming out in 93 trucks?

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great find if I was you and I had one rusted brake line I would replace them all. I thought your truck had a 4L60E transmission because they started coming out in 93 trucks?

yeah, im going to go through and replace as many as i can reach. lol. and ohh yeah, i forgot about that. theyre basically the same though. lol

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
94bowtie, Where in Michigan are you? Looks a lot like my truck when I first got it.

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i got some stuff done to it over the past couple of days. i got alot of the frame undercoated, but im going to take the box off sometime soon, and do the rest of the frame, and the bottom of the box. heres a pic of what i have done so far. (and i know i need a new hood. lol.)
You must be registered for see images attach

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yay!! Its running and driving now. I put a new alternator on it. But i need to check the front brakes. They seem to be draggin a bit. (probably from the rusted line. lol)
You must be registered for see images attach