My 93 Silverado Z-71 DD Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Im new to the site and i recently bought a 93 Z71 that needed alot of work i was lookin around for a bed and ran across a straight bed since the truck was originally a step side i thought it would look as good with the regular straight bed so i continued to look for a step side bed while my brother was hauling a load one day he said he saw a green single cab step side truck that basically needed a running gear so i figured they might be intrested in seing me some parts like the bed and a few other things well we went looke at it and after a few minutes of negotiating I ended up with a really good looking truck for $150 dollars now the needs all the mechanicals my other one has but its a solid truck with alot of potential

Now beings that it is an original automatic truck ill have to got through the conversion over to a striaght shift so far all ive done is just a little bit here and there nothing major money is a little tight so its gonna be a slow build but intresting in my part

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can someone give and and idea of how to make the engine turn over ive had a couple of people tell me that i would have problems without the auto harness plugged in

(They said the harness tells the computer if its in park or not if its not plugged in it wont spin the engines over?) i have no idea on that end of but anyways im thinkin if thats the case i will just tie some wires together and it should work right?