my 93 K1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
since im new here figured id make one. i started off with a 91 gmc 350 5 speed Z71. great truck really fun to drive. but it didnt have the room i needed. my couisin mentioned i may sale his truck an i managed to work up a trade
here is the 91 when i first got it
You must be registered for see images attach

didnt do much but replace the bed an put new wheels an tires on it

so on to the 93. part of the deal was i kept my new tires

week or two later i cranked the torsion bars up to level it up. tires are 265/75r16

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
i replaced the bed on this aswell due to it had major gashes that had been there before my cuz got the truck. in this next pic i have my projector headlights already. cant find that pic. painted the chevy logo black. the truck is sitting in the parking lot the day i dropped it off to get the lift put on

i was constantly checking in on it lol. ive purchashed 2 rough country lifts an me an my cuz installed it an this on the 93

here it is on my old 78 ford f150 4x4. i bought it for 600 bucks an it didnt run never could find a matching bed. sold it for 3500

anyways here it is on the rack

i got the call it was getting aligned an will be ready so i told my boss im leaving to get my truck!!
here it is later that day behind my apts

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
on craigslist i found a old set of mud tires an rims for 200 bucks. the guy wanted them out of the shed so i jumped on it. they was pretty dry rotted but looked alot better on the truck. i repainted them before i put them on

well here is where i made a huge mistake...i sold it for 4000. thought i was doin the right thing an about a week went by an i started beating myself up. i ended up buying a 91 toyota ext 4x4. it was in great shape. everything worked. had v6. i hated it. so after i month i put it up for sale or trade an had a guy with a 95 z71 call. so a day later i got my 3rd z71

truck was awesome. it was way louder an interior was 9/10 but it still wasnt my 93. i put the sticker on to piss my neighbor cop off haha. we had a on going fued. i won lol. he moved

well i got lucky an a friend of mine said she saw my old 93 way out in a small town about 30 miles away at a house. so i figured id go out an check it out. sure enough i found it after 6 months. managed to talk to the guy in to thinking about trading. he said hed think about it. 2 weeks later he calls an said only way he would do it is if i put 500 inas he put the new 35" buckshots on DEAL!!!!!

other than tires he didnt do a thing to it but hunt out of it

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
since i finally got it back. i decided to do everything i wanted to before

here is the leds i did. still waiting to get some for the hvac

and i after i finished this project i joined the site haha

so next i started sanding an priming it

here it is when i finished

new Z71 decal

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Looks awesome man. Thats a crazy story. What exactly did the sticker stand for? Was that the year you were born? I like that idea haha

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
next project hd tow mirrors

and currently my trans has no 3rd an 4th gear. after a ton of research i found i had 3.42 gears. ive i had know when i got it lifted i would have done that first. i didnt pay much attention to it cuz everything i read said so long as you dont go over 35s you wont have to regear it. so im currently jobless due to i can drive 30 miles oneway to work an my fiance has a way better job than me im stuck at the house till we can afford to fix the trans an gears :/ but im confident im going to work for a freinds dad soon so things will change!! i drive my truck all thru town but cant go over 40 wich sucks alot. i manually shift 1 an 2 so i can get groceries an pay bills an all that. i will have more to put in here lol

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
Looks awesome man. Thats a crazy story. What exactly did the sticker stand for? Was that the year you were born? I like that idea haha

he gave me a modified exhaust sticker (my neighbor cop) an it just ideling....so i jumped in it cranked it an hammered it. hahaha got arrested for disturbing the peace. looking back now it was really dumb but i didnt care at the time lol i was born in 89 so DISTURBING THE PEACE SINCE 89 haha the look on his face was priceless!

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
he gave me a modified exhaust sticker (my neighbor cop) an it just ideling....so i jumped in it cranked it an hammered it. hahaha got arrested for disturbing the peace. looking back now it was really dumb but i didnt care at the time lol i was born in 89 so DISTURBING THE PEACE SINCE 89 haha the look on his face was priceless!

You mind if I steal that one? That is awesome!

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
SICK

seeing the 6" RCX + 35" tire combo is REALLY making me want to start on my own lift... boxes are in the back room.