My 92 K1500 Z71 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I got the tool box, whip, and bed rail caps off today. I might go do some more sanding today
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my 355 powered Galaxy Tab 3

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Looking good man! You should dye your interior.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my tail gate sanded down. Was about to spray a quick coat of primer but a storm is coming in and lightning is popping everywhere.
During

After

I'm glad my grandpa has an air compressor cause doing this my hand would have taken forever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got primer on it today.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im starting to hate all of you that can paint, the only reason i havent started body work is because i dont know how nor where to start.

I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm just going off what I've learned watching TV and YouTube. And my dad has done a few trucks

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i switched from a 6" drop hitch to 3 1/4" drop hitch. reason is cause when i put a more factory receiver on the truck my 6" drop was starting to scrape things. glad i did it cause the day i changed it i had to go pull a jeep out of the mud. and then i had to tow the jeep out of the trail cause it wouldnt run.

does anybody have specific directions for removing a body lift, and specifically what will need to be removed/replaced in the process. i know factory body/bed bolts, remove front brackets to raise bumper. i understand that some sort of linkage has to be adjusted back to factory, what linkage is this? questions questions questions? im trying to get this done right so im not stuck driving my grandmas buick till i can get my truck back to how its supposed to be. thanks all.