My 92 K1500 Z71 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
went to the junk yard today. picked up a lower fan shroud and a windshield wiper fluid reservoir. still need a few things but it was too damn hot to be laying in a junk yard.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well since i removed the body lift i have noticed that i am not going to be able to clear un cut fenders. i think its because of the offset wheels. i had to trim my winch bumper so i could safely drive my truck home. what do you guys think i should do. my bars are already cranked up a good bit. im not sure how much but i already have 2 to 3 touch points on my cv boots.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
well since i removed the body lift i have noticed that i am not going to be able to clear un cut fenders. i think its because of the offset wheels. i had to trim my winch bumper so i could safely drive my truck home. what do you guys think i should do. my bars are already cranked up a good bit. im not sure how much but i already have 2 to 3 touch points on my cv boots.

In my opinion that's already too much, that 3" RCX kit is essentially 3" of cranking your torsion bars :shrug:
Personally i would have left the body lift, decranked the 3" rcx, and adjusted the rear accordingly

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my opinion that's already too much, that 3" RCX kit is essentially 3" of cranking your torsion bars :shrug:
Personally i would have left the body lift, decranked the 3" rcx, and adjusted the rear accordingly

I thought about it but I really don't like body lifts and I couldn't run the winch bumper without it looking funny

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
I thought about it but I really don't like body lifts and I couldn't run the winch bumper without it looking funny

Make brackets to raise the bumper. It'll save you money in the long run if you decrank.. And you'll be able to adjust to a reasonable height by keeping the BL.
The only way your going to clear those tires now, is by cutting. Unless you want to crank it some more and see.. but I don't recommend it

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Make brackets to raise the bumper. It'll save you money in the long run if you decrank.. And you'll be able to adjust to a reasonable height by keeping the BL.
The only way your going to clear those tires now, is by cutting. Unless you want to crank it some more and see.. but I don't recommend it

They clear now. With uncut fenders they wont. I dont want to crwnk anymore. It rides rough enough lol

Sent from my 355 powered Galaxy Tab 3

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plus it drives better without the body lift. Steering is more responsive. Honestly seems to run better.