My 88 rcsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Thanks D!

Tomorrow I will be finishing up the electrical wiring to power the EDC and the elevel. Mounted the tank temporarily to get this thing rolling again. If anyone has any tips specifically wiring up the EDC to the elevel let me know, the Accuair install shows two electric air compressor set up and not a EDC. I picked up the relay and inline fuse today that is shown in the York wiring diagram, I even tried to call Accuair and messaged them on FB but they did not return my phone call or reply. Any way here are a few pics from today's progress.
You must be registered for see images attach

And the two diagrams I am working with to get this thing finished!

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I didn't get started as early as I wanted to but routed the last 3 wires. I need to pick up some extra wire as the wire for the EDC is too short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Idunno if you've already found out, but the wiring minus one compressor, should be the same... Power to pressure switch, then from pressure switch to EDC clutch + to engage clutch. And/ or a relay between pressure switch and clutch.. (I would)... Idunno how accuair would play into tank filling?

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
i used this diagram:

and installed a fuse link between the battery and the #30 terminal on the relay. I ran my wire from the EDC to the relay which is hidden inside the black box thingy on the firewall where the other relays are. I ran the wire inside the factory loom (from the thermostat housing) over to the pass. side of the engine, then up to the area where the factory relays are. as far as the engine compartment goes, you only see about 4 inches of wire from the EDC.. which is in it's own loom to disguise it.

on the IGNITION terminal of the wiring, i installed a toggle switch so that i can override the pressure switch/edc when the tank is low and i want to start the truck without the edc engaging until the truck is running, THEN i hit the toggle switch and the EDC starts to run. Also, the reason i did it was incase of pressure switch failure, i don't want the EDC to run and run and run and blow the safety valve.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Thanks DeWayne. It's different with the elevel system, no need for a pressure switch as it is built into it with its own pressure sensor on the tank. I got it running last night but couldn't calibrate it. I posted a video on FB last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I took the maiden voyage yesterday to get the exhaust done, open headers load as s@@@! And during the trip it rode great but I broke the drivers side sensor going into the exhaust guys steep driveway. I knew was going to have be careful until I made some kind of stop so I the tire wouldn't hit the sensor when going to full lock. Other than than I'm so happy all of the hard work has finally paid off. I looked back and I started this journey back in April of 2013. I have to thank Draggin95 and a few other here for helping me when I had questions during the build!

Looks like the first local show will be the Cancun Cantina show that Twisted Intentions is holding, anyone in the Delmarva going?

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
I took the maiden voyage yesterday to get the exhaust done, open headers load as s@@@! And during the trip it rode great but I broke the drivers side sensor going into the exhaust guys steep driveway. I knew was going to have be careful until I made some kind of stop so I the tire wouldn't hit the sensor when going to full lock. Other than than I'm so happy all of the hard work has finally paid off. I looked back and I started this journey back in April of 2013. I have to thank Draggin95 and a few other here for helping me when I had questions during the build!

Looks like the first local show will be the Cancun Cantina show that Twisted Intentions is holding, anyone in the Delmarva going?

our Maryland chapter is putting that show on... i wish i could go.

sucks about the sensor... hopefully it is/was an easy fix.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am glad to hear that you got to take it for a drive, and man I always like to help, that's what I am here for!