My 1997 GMC 1500 Z71 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Issues spooling?

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.
In this video no. Just started at low rpm in 5th gear and laid into it. You can see that it clears up nicely. I do in general have issues spooling my big turbo as my injectors don't flow enough fuel and my pump is governed at like 3150 rpm. So I just run out of rpms as I'm getting good boost. I think the most I've hit so far is 38 psi. The small turbo is wastegateing at about 30 psi.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Water methanol. Easier than a turbo change. Injectors probably will help but yeah starting in that high of a gear will get the coal plant fired up for sure.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Water methanol. Easier than a turbo change. Injectors probably will help but yeah starting in that high of a gear will get the coal plant fired up for sure.

As far as I know they are the stock 360,000 mile injectors... So I want to replace them sooner rather than later. Before we had everything done I had an intermittent skip in cylinder #1 so idk how they are. But Im also working on finding an AFC so it controls fuel based on boost, so I can floor it and not give it 100% fuel until there is the boost to support it.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Yeah those injectors should probably be swapped out lol

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered new 250 horse injectors today. Theyre a little big for my turbos but Id rather have the ability to upgrade turbos in the future and not have to redo injectors.