My 1997 Chevy Z71 "Black Betty" Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
I know I picked up around 3 when I got the pipe ran all the way out on my truck. Was getting around 9 with the mufflers dumped under the passenger seat.

Sometimes the best way to learn what works an what doesn't is to do it, I know trucks aren't supposed to be Prius's when it comes to fuel Econ. But why make it worse on yourself? I'm happy with my 15mpg's, considering gas is going back up.

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Surprise! Chrome grille again, undented bumper, valance, and sanded/polished front lights. Gotta agree now that I've been on both sides of the spectrum, valances are needed.
You must be registered for see images attach

white_trash88

Im too drunk to taste that chicken
Reaction score
Surprise! Chrome grille again, undented bumper, valance, and sanded/polished front lights. Gotta agree now that I've been on both sides of the spectrum, valances are needed.
You must be registered for see images attach

This has me seriously contemplating going back to a chrome grille and bumper im starting to love the look

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
This has me seriously contemplating going back to a chrome grille and bumper im starting to love the look

I've seen many trucks that made me feel the same lol I'm tired of the junk aftermarket stuff and spending money that doesn't need spent. By far cleaner looking and better IMO, I'm glad I finally made my way back.

Last edited:

white_trash88

Im too drunk to taste that chicken
Reaction score
I've seen many trucks that made me feel the same lol I'm tired of the junk aftermarket stuff and spending money that doesn't need spent. By far cleaner looking and better IMO, I'm glad I finically made my way back.

Yeah, looking at mine makes me miss what it looked like when i first got her, i still have the original quad sealed beams that may or may not find their way back on it with a new chrome grille, i have a chrome bumper in my back yard lmao. I went for the same front end look that squeaky has for his truck and i dont think it looks good on a black truck.