my 1994 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A bit frustrated with it. I know what I can check off the list. I unplugged the column wiring harness and still popped fuses. Unplugged the reverse light switch, still popped fuses. Probably a ground short between reverse light switch wiring and the cab firewall plug. Time to look for effed up wires. I get hazard flashers and running lights in the back so that tells me that other than the reverse light wires, everything back there wiring wise is ok. I may try to find the wire going out of the bulkhead back to the reverse lights and jump it to the battery to see what happens there, and to eliminate that part of the circuit as the problem. I decided to go into the shop the last 4 hours I was out there, and work on what I do know, automotive sheetmetal repair.

You must be registered for see images attach

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I finally permanently fixed brakelight issues and temp fixed turn signal issues w my trucks wiring. No brakelights, and a ground short and popping fuse for turn signals. Brakelights I fixed by carefully disassembling the brakelight switch, then using microfine 3600 sandpaper from a micromesh kit, I polished out the burnt contacts to smooth again. The switch is as old as the truck. This fix will probably last me the rest of my life since I am 52 now, and dont drive it near as much as I used to.

The turn signal issue was a trouble shooting nightmare. Process of elimination, I had brakelights, emergency flashers, and running lamps. This told me from the firewall out, the wiring was likely ok. Was able to troubleshoot it to the output wire from the fusebox going to the signal relay. Its pinched to ground somewhere along a 3' length inside the cab. I ran outta time screwing with this since winter is upon us. I made a "wire around" out of some wire from the dakota I scrapped in correct color codes as a temp fix to have turn signals. No reverse lights since that's a dead circuit now. I will eventually find and fix this ground short permanently, but for now it works.

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went to get some 14 gage 2x3 box steel to replace the existing hacked in subframe connectors and fabricate a new lower radiator support all for my sons car. A repop mopar A body rad support is $189. I got a 24' stick of 2x3 14 gage for $55. I will make a much stronger fully boxed lower support that's notched for the radiator lower tank, and new subframe connectors. You can see the old 2x2 box steel that was booger welded in pic #3. That is soon to come back out. Enjoyed having my turn signals working and no popping fuses lol

Last edited:

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went to get some 14 gage 2x3 box steel to replace the existing hacked in subframe connectors and fabricate a new lower radiator support all for my sons car. A repop mopar A body rad support is $189. I got a 24' stick of 2x3 14 gage for $55. I will make a much stronger fully boxed lower support that's notched for the radiator lower tank, and new subframe connectors. You can see the old 2x2 box steel that was booger welded in pic #3. That is soon to come back out. Enjoyed having my turn signals working and no popping fuses lol

Looks like you could use another project. When should I drop my truck off ?

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hahaha. Problem is vehicle projects take forever for me to do around here. I try to set deadlines but almost never make them. I do get further along weekly. My problem is the 5 day work week, and obligations after that. Some day my son will be grown up. I want to enjoy the time with him now while hes little. Or got stuff the wife seems to contract me to do around the house. I been taking vacation days to get stuff done, or work on it in the evenings after he goes to sleep, if I have the energy to do so. I actually like when I figure out a wiring issue. I am above average in wiring skills. Rewired 2 complete vehicles in the past. 1963 Dodge Town Panel for a friend, and a 1960 Chevy El Camino I restored for me. Still get a thrill when I stick at it and figure it out.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Old pic of my 60 el camino after I restored the frame, welded in new floorpans, and set the body back in place. I rebuilt and installed a 350 4 barrel, hurst shifted muncie M20 4 speed, and power disc brakes using a master and booster off an S-10, along with chevelle disc brake rotors, and calipers on custom brackets that used the original 1960 drum brake spindles. Used 15x7 monte carlo rallyes with sombreros. Found a 60 wagon in the junkyard with 4 lever deluxe heat and defrost, and swapped that in along with the dash trim and steering wheel from a 60 impala. They really did cool **** back then in the 60s. My high beam light was a red bowtie in the center of the speedometer. Pic is from around 1997. Dayum I was in my late 20s in that pic. Some mullet action too. Business in the front party in the back lol. Time sure flies.

Last edited: