my 1994 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Old pic of my 60 el camino after I restored the frame, welded in new floorpans, and set the body back in place. I rebuilt and installed a 350 4 barrel, hurst shifted muncie M20 4 speed, and power disc brakes using a master and booster off an S-10, along with chevelle disc brake rotors, and calipers on custom brackets that used the original 1960 drum brake spindles. Used 15x7 monte carlo rallyes with sombreros. Found a 60 wagon in the junkyard with 4 lever deluxe heat and defrost, and swapped that in along with the dash trim and steering wheel from a 60 impala. They really did cool **** back then in the 60s. My high beam light was a red bowtie in the center of the speedometer. Pic is from around 1997. Dayum I was in my late 20s in that pic. Some mullet action too. Business in the front party in the back lol. Time sure flies.

You must be registered for see images attach

The mullet rocks!!

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a little more fab work done on my kids car. Drilled off, and fabricated new LH framerail top cap pieces out of 14 gage or .075" sheet steel which is same thickness as OEM. After I had everything bent up I used the sandblaster at work to clean it up, and applied a thin coat of duplicolor etch primer. First 3 pix are what I had to contend with. This LH side was the battery box side. A lot of pitting couple small holes.

The inside was remarkably solid and clean for a 51 year old car with only minor surface rust. Drag racer previous owner also bludgeoned the flanges down on both rails to fit a wider radiator. Pix 4 and 5 are the pieces I fabbed from sheet stock and have temp clamped in place. If I didnt take pix of how I made them, honestly i think people would have assumed i bought them. These pieces are not available as repop parts. No choice but to make.

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres the LH forward framerail rail top cap fabrication. I used a hydraulic press and pieces of sheet steel to get the needed step pressed in at the back end of the new part. Then I bent it up 90°

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used Por15 inside the framerail, and my epoxy primer over the top of that, and weld thru primer on the flanges. This is ready to weld up tomorrow.

I hope that those of you that are reading this thread get some some good ideas on fabricating repair pieces you may need, or even make brackets and parts for a modification.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Awesome fab work! Skills and right tools for the job are two things I'm lacking, lol!
I love my MOPARs! You almost HAVE to be a great frame and body man to have old ones!
I never got my Mopar dream. A '69 Coronet or Super Bee. Unless the right Powerball numbers come up, it ain't gonna happen.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Awesome fab work! Skills and right tools for the job are two things I'm lacking, lol!
I love my MOPARs! You almost HAVE to be a great frame and body man to have old ones!
I never got my Mopar dream. A '69 Coronet or Super Bee. Unless the right Powerball numbers come up, it ain't gonna happen.
That's what sells a lot of hot wheels LOL. People who want muscle cars, hot rods, and so forth but don't have the bux to buy and insure them.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
That's what sells a lot of hot wheels LOL. People who want muscle cars, hot rods, and so forth but don't have the bux to buy and insure them.

Yep. Oh I've owned 6 1969 1/2 440 6 Packs. All 1/24th scale, unfortunately. A red primered one, a wrecked one, B5 blue, black, white, and a parts car. Lol!

"Crashing" a 1/24th scale plastic car model is something I came up with on my own and works surprisingly well, with a bit of practice.